In working with the administration, the Board of Education has developed and implemented a Strategic Plan: Destination 2018, for the District to accomplish over the next several school years.
SEL City Schools will be THE DESTINATION school community.
We educate, inspire and empower students to be high achieving contributing members of a global society.
DISTRICT CORE BELIEFS:
1. High expectations lead to high achievement
2. Education must focus on the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs of students
3. Diversity strengthens and enriches our communities
4. Students must take ownership of their education
5. Education is the responsibility of the entire community
6. Open and honest communication is critical to effective relationships
7. The best education is achieved in a safe and stimulating environment
8. The demands of the future and the lessons of the past shape our educational practices.
1. Teaching & Learning
We will develop a framework for teaching and learning that will increase student growth yearly.
2. Communications and Partnerships
We will develop a communication plan that will strengthen our internal and external communications and maximize our community partnerships.
3. School Community Climate
We will develop a plan that promotes an environment in which students and staff are safe, suppported, empowered, and where respect for self and others is highly valued.
We will develop and implement a plan to maximize our current resources and provide facilities that reflect the needs of students, staff, and the community.