Welcome to Brush's Getting Ready for College Web Page!
On this web site, you will find almost everything you need to know in order to apply and successfully get admitted into college, including SAT/ACT Resources, Financial Aid Resources, Scholarship Information and various E-Mail Updates from the Guidance Department.
Below is a checklist of things to do when getting ready/applying for college:
1. Do a credit check with your counselor at the end of your Junior year to make sure you are on track to graduate.
2. Visit at least 3-5 colleges/universities the summer before your Senior year.
3. Take your standardized tests (ACT or SAT) at the end of your Junior year in June and again in September.
4. Write your college essay.
. Apply to colleges/universities - no less than three (3) but not a large quantity.
6. Ask staff members, community members or anyone other than a family member to write a letter of recommendation. You should have at least three (3).
7. Make sure that you have all of your forms signed, especially if having a hard copy of your transcript sent to colleges/universities.
8. Pay attention to deadlines - some colleges/universities have a application deadline of November 1st, December 1st, February 1st or rolling admissions.
9. After January 1st and your parents have received their W2 forms and tax documents, submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
10. Narrow down your college/university list to one school by May 1st.
AND DO NOT FORGET TO KEEP ALL OF YOUR GRADES UP AND INVOLVED IN ACTIVITIES AND CONTINUE TO RESEARCH AND APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS!!!!