Spread of COVID-19 is currently happening in our community. It is important for all students and staff to adhere to the key public health prevention strategies to reduce the chance for transmission of COVID-19, including:
- Wearing a face mask
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water
- Hand sanitizing when soap and water are not available
- Staying home when you do not feel well
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces regularly – these include doorknobs, light switches, counters, keyboards and phones
- Not sharing food, drinks, cups and utensils
- Avoiding large gatherings of 10 or more people
To keep cases to a minimum, please check your child for symptoms before coming to school each day.
Additionally, if you or your child is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19:
- Review the Coronavirus Self-Checker.
- Continue to keep your child at home from school and avoid other activities around other people.
- Notify the school.
- Seek medical care and testing for COVID-19 by contacting your family health care provider.
If you have questions or want more information about COVID-19, please visit the CCBH web site at COVID-19 School Guidance or call them Monday-Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at 216-201-2000.
Our schools will continue to take the following our district’s “Responsible Restart Health and Safety Protocols” that include the following five strategies:
- Vigilantly assess for Symptoms
- Wash and Sanitize Hands to Prevent Spread
- Thoroughly Clean and Sanitize School Environments to Limit Spread on Shared Surfaces
- Practice Social Distancing
- Enforce Face Covering Policy
Our greatest priority is the safety of our students, staff, and community members. If you are a parent, guardian or community member and have questions, please email Melissa Thompson, Assistant Superintendent, Student Services & Strategic Partnerships at [email protected]. If you are an SEL staff member, please email Bill Miller, Director of Human Resources at [email protected]. We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your family, especially as we face this challenging time together. Thank you for your support of the South Euclid Lyndhurst City Schools.