The South Euclid Lyndhurst Schools has placed Issue 32, a 6.9 mill additional levy on the March 17, 2020 ballot that allocates 5.9 mills for general operations and 1 mill for general permanent improvements throughout the District. The South Euclid Lyndhurst Schools has stretched the current levy by 7 years, which is more than twice as long as the average length of a levy in the District, by responsibly cutting costs and taking advantage of cost avoidance opportunities.
This request, the first since 2012, comes after demonstrating sound fiscal responsibility through a variety of cost avoidance measures, such as:
- collaboratively working with our unions to renegotiate financially prudent contracts
- continuously evaluating staffing levels
- doing more projects in-house rather than using outside contractors
In addition, the community should be made aware of the following important facts about Issue 32.
- Issue 32 will cost the owner of a $100,000 home approximately $241.50 annually and $20.13 each month
- 5.9 mills of funding generated by the passage of Issue 32 will be used for general operations in the classroom, including for technology, instructional resources and personnel costs
- 1 mill of funding generated by passage of Issue 32 will be used for general permanent improvements, specifically for air conditioning in buildings
- All 6 Buildings in the SEL Schools recently won the Energy Star Award from the Federal E.P.A.,
indicating that each uses 35% less energy and generates 35% fewer greenhouse gas
- emissions than similar buildings across the nation.
More information, including an online levy calculator which is below, is available at all of the buildings, the Board of Education Office and will be shared through the campaign on behalf of the Committee for Continued Excellence in the SEL Schools. To keep our District competitive and the community strong, please consider these important facts about Issue 32.
As you assess the issues on the ballot this spring, please join us in our determination and vision to maintain and enrich our school system to meet the needs of our community in the coming decade.
Thank you for your continued support!
Use this spreadsheet to determine how much the levy will cost per year, based on the value of your home.