Lee Heitman is the Transportation Supervisor for the District’s Transportation Department, which is responsible for getting students to and from school as safely as possible. All drivers are State certified and approved. The department also manages the bus routes and provides transportation for the different sport teams and after school clubs.
- Thirty buses operate daily, running 242 individual bus runs.
- More than 2,500 students are transported to school every day.
- More than 2,130 miles are driven daily.
- We will travel 445,170 miles during a school year.
- We transport pupils to 29 different schools.
- All routes are computerized in the Edulog Program.
- We use, on average, 74,790 gallons of diesel fuel and gasoline during a school year.
- The last 18 years our school buses have passed 100% by the State Highway Patrol annual bus inspections.